Oh Stitch, Please!

Oh Stitch, Please!

Tuesday 13 January 2015

Tessuti Alice Dress :)

And in the spirit of blogging out of order and selfless stitching (*pats self of back*)-

Heli's Christmas present!

The dress is the Alice pattern, drafted by Tessuti. Her Alice Dress is a shiny navy linen which I picked up from my local fabric shop. Eliza's is a little fabric shop which has some absolute gems around the corner from my work... Many a lunch break has been lost in the rabbit den of Eliza's fabric....


Heli was a good sport and posed for me in her new little number... Thanks Mum!

The linen was lovely to sew and has a really nice drape. The instructions were easy to follow, which I find with all Tessuti patterns. The only change I made was to stay-stitch the neckline instead of using the tearaway vilene. This is always featured in Tessuti patterns - and I honestly have no clue what it is, but have always stay stitched with good effect!






There isn't really too much to say about the construction of the Alice - except that she runs large, and it may pay to size down. I made the XL for Mum, knowing that it would run large, but also that she likes her clothes to be blouse-y and not restrictive


And some photo's of the guts....


This dress has been doing the rounds in the blogosphere- and it was Instagram which inspired the impulse pattern purchase... So many delicious versions - not enough time to steal idea's....



Heli loving her pockets...


Now she's getting into it! :)



I really enjoyed sewing this, and Mum popped it on to wear on Christmas day - can always count on your Mum to be your biggest fan!

I have some fabric which I have washed ready to cut out to make a few of these numbers for me.. A lovely voile from spotlight with little birdies on it, and a black swiss dot lawn from rathdowne remnants. I will make myself the top version, as I don't think the dress version would be very flattering on my shape.

Specs:
Pattern: Tessuti Alice Dress/Top

Size: XL

Fabric: Navy Linen with a silver sheen/stripe from Eliza's fabric.

Alterations: Nil.

See also: Rachel, Bubala, Elizabeth & Amanda...



No comments:

Post a Comment

lovely thoughts...